Kansas City might unload Beltran
The Royals cannot win the American League Central without an MVP-type season from Carlos Beltran.
Let's examine the first scenario. Here's the logic: since the Royals cannot win the division without an MVP-type season from Beltran, we must therefore assume that if they do, in fact, win the division, he will have an excellent shot at the award. This is barring an historic season from some other quarter, of course. (Another player in a similar situation is Vladimir Guerrero. If the Angels can do what many experts are saying they will and win the division, Guerrero will be seen as one of the main reasons.)
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Trumbo heads to D-backs in 3-team trade
- Mulder, out since 2009, attempts comeback
- GM: Cabrera on target for spring training
- Rakuten prez: No decision on Tanaka's future
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- '47 Brand Women's Cleveland Indians Showtime Navy V-Neck T-Shirt