Eagles must keep Owens happy
Will Terrell Owens' impressive talent convince Andy Reid to abandon his spread the ball philosophy?
Perhaps that's a bit harsh, but Owens definitely has cultivated a reputation of someone who's obsessively self-absorbed. So it was a bit of a surprise when the Eagles initiated a trade that brought Owens to Philadelphia.
There is no arguing his talent as a wide receiver. Though he drops some easy passes, his size and speed are off the charts and perhaps no one is better at racking up yards after the catch. In short, he is one of the few wideouts who has the ability to dominate a game all by himself. The surprise came because his sometimes abrasive behavior is a type that's not typically tolerated by coach Andy Reid.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Rangers take Seahawks QB Wilson in draft
- Bucs' Goldson says rep as dirty 'ridiculous'
- Redskins' Cousins to start in place of RG III
- MJD hopes to be back with Jags next season
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- NFL Team Apparel Boys' Philadelphia Eagles Team Forward Green T-Shirt