Will A's rain on Giants parade?
If the Athletics were to relocate to San Jose, would they rain on the Giants parade and drain their coffers?
Why does the argument appear specious? Consider this: The Giants operate at about 102 percent capacity in terms of attendance. If the A's were to move to San Jose, is it Magowan's contention that PacBell Park will become a ghost town like Candlestick used to be on one of those nasty, cold, windblown weekday afternoons back in the day? Will they suddenly start drawing 18,000 people? Not bloody likely. PacBell Park is one of the hottest tickets in all of sports. This will be its fifth year of operation and it's showing no sign of slowing down.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Kemp laces winner in 10th to turn away Braves
- Cards deal for Masterson to bolster pitching
- Tigers' Scherzer sharp over 7, goes to 13-3
- Scratched Lester at Fenway amid rumors
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Antigua Women's Oakland Athletics Traverse Soft Shell Full-Zip Green Jacket