Chargers future riding on No. 1 pick
The Chargers are in the position to steer their ship back on course and overcome the Ryan Leaf debacle.
From 1992-97, the Chargers went 51-45 andmade their only three playoff appearances in the last 20 years. But Leaf's signing helped send San Diego on a downward spiral and the team hasn't had a winning season since.
Now the franchise finds itself in a position to steer its ship back on course if they make the right choice with the top pick in this April's draft. Most see that choice as being Ole Miss' Eli Manning, but the Chargers could be looking to get out of the catbird's seat by trading the top pick.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Dolphins trade Martin to 49ers for draft pick
- Jags send former 1st-rounder Gabbert to SF
- Cowboys cut ties with top pass-rusher Ware
- Sources: Talib gets $57M deal from Broncos
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Women's San Diego Chargers Navy Tempo Short