Legace struggling to regain form
It's fitting that Detroit's goaltending picture is getting fuzzy again with the playoffs less than two weeks away.
- It's somehow fitting that Detroit's goaltending picture is getting fuzzy again with the playoffs less than two weeks away.
Like Curtis Joseph's problems with his right ankle, Detroit's goaltending saga won't go away (too bad for the Red Wings, but hockey writers are grateful).Joseph reinjured his ankle Tuesday in pregame warmups and will have a magnetic resonance image exam Friday when the team returns to Detroit from a five-game road trip that ends Thursday night against archrival Colorado. The Red Wings (43-20-11-2), who lead the Avalanche by five points in the race for first in the Western Conference, play the Avalanche again at home Saturday.Curtis Joseph's recent injury is the latest twist in a turbulent season for the veteran goalie.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Jackets D Murray (knee) to miss 4-6 weeks
- Sutter sends Pens past Ducks in shootout
- Luongo shuts out Sabres in return to Florida
- Franzen's 2 goals highlight Wings' barrage
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- FANMATS Detroit Red Wings Large Mirror Covers
- NHL Home
- Carolina Hurricanes
- Columbus B. Jackets
- New Jersey Devils
- New York Islanders
- New York Rangers
- Philadelphia Flyers
- Pittsburgh Penguins
- Washington Capitals
- Boston Bruins
- Buffalo Sabres
- Detroit Red Wings
- Florida Panthers
- Montreal Canadiens
- Ottawa Senators
- Tampa Bay Lightning
- Toronto Maple Leafs