Eastern Conference teams limping to finish
"I'm willing to delay it as long as it gets better," New York Knick guard Allan Houston told the New York Post. "If it's two games . . . if it is the end of the season. I don't want to think that, but it could be a possibility."
One game? Two games? That could be the end of the season. Allan Houston may be the team's best shooter, but he's also got the team's most brittle knees outside of Dikembe Mutombo. As it stands now, the Knicks are 33-38 and the seventh seed in the playoff race, but only 1½ games from falling to the eighth seed behind the Cleveland Cavs and two games from being eliminated by the Boston Celtics.
But speaking of the Cavs . . .
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Judge rules for S. Sterling in sale of Clippers
- NBPA taps 1st big league female union chief
- Sources: Clippers' Griffin has back fracture
- Bulls' Rose: Confidence 'through the roof'
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Mitchell & Ness Men's Brooklyn Nets Two-Tone Grey Snapback Hat