Can the Sixers really trade Iverson?
If they do, it won't be the first time the team has tried to trade him. If they don't, it won't be the last. In the past, every time the Sixers have flirted with moving Iverson, history has intervened.
History tells us you never trade a superstar (Philly fans are still reeling from the trade that shipped Charles Barkley out of town). History also says it's almost impossible to get equal value in return when dumping a star. History scares the hell of GMs who know that a fan revolt is the last thing a struggling team needs.
History has bought Allen Iverson more time than he deserves. Has Iverson finally ran out of time?
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Judge rules for S. Sterling in sale of Clippers
- NBPA taps 1st big league female union chief
- Sources: Clippers' Griffin has back fracture
- Bulls' Rose: Confidence 'through the roof'
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Rawlings Philadelphia 76ers Softee Basketball Three-Ball Set