- New Jersey Devils: Devils defenseman Scott Niedermayer, who said he will not re-sign before July 1, will just miss unrestricted free agency by a few weeks because he was born Aug. 31. But if the age for unrestricted free agency is lowered in a new collective bargaining agreement, the Norris Trophy candidate might hit the jackpot sooner.
Ottawa Senators: Negotiations continue between the Senators and captain Daniel Alfredsson to get him signed before he becomes an unrestricted free agent July 1. Considering how much the franchise's all-time leading scorer wants to stay in Ottawa and the new financial stability of the Senators under owner Eugene Melnyk, an agreement seems inevitable at some point.
Buffalo Sabres: Now that he survived the trading deadline and Buffalo is still in the playoff race, Miroslav Satan needs to show he's worth $4.75 million. The Sabres are 14-3-1-1 when Satan scores at least one goal and 17-28-5-2 when he is shut out this season.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Sutter sends Pens past Ducks in shootout
- Luongo shuts out Sabres in return to Florida
- Franzen's 2 goals highlight Wings' barrage
- Rangers use late rally to outstrip Hurricanes
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Old Time Hockey Women's Boston Bruins Bobby Orr #4 Sattler Black Hoodie
- NHL Home
- Carolina Hurricanes
- Columbus B. Jackets
- New Jersey Devils
- New York Islanders
- New York Rangers
- Philadelphia Flyers
- Pittsburgh Penguins
- Washington Capitals
- Boston Bruins
- Buffalo Sabres
- Detroit Red Wings
- Florida Panthers
- Montreal Canadiens
- Ottawa Senators
- Tampa Bay Lightning
- Toronto Maple Leafs