Deng, Iguodala top prospects in Atlanta region
ESPN Insider takes a look at the Top 5 NBA prospects scouts will be watching in each NCAA region.
When sifting through the East Rutherford, N.J., region for NBA prospects Monday, four of the top six players we focused on were guards. Only one of the six, sleeper Chris Taft, was a power forward or center.
Today, the trend continues. Heading south, five of the top six prospects in the Atlanta region are either point guards or shooting guards. It will continue. NBA-caliber, home-grown big men in the tournament are virtually no-existent. By Thursday, just seven of the 24 players we will have looked at will be power forwards or centers. Of those seven, just three were born in the U.S.
ESPN Insider talked to multiple NBA scouts and GMs to give you a look at the Top 5 NBA prospects they'll be watching in each NCAA region. Today, we look at the Atlanta bracket. Wednesday, we'll tackle St. Louis.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Cavs' James after loss: 'Not a very good team'
- Nowitzki keys Mavs' rally to put away Thunder
- KG pulls a Stephenson, blows in West's ear
- Melo out at Portland with lingering sore knee
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Vintage Dirk Delivers For Mavs
- Starting at center for an injured Tyson Chandler, Dirk Nowitzki dropped 30 on OKC as the Mavs held on.