Is Sean Banks the next Carmelo?
ESPN Insider takes a look at the Top 5 NBA prospects scouts will be watching in each NCAA region.
A great March can really help a player's stock. Last year, Syracuse's Carmelo Anthony, Marquette's Dwyane Wade and Central Michigan's Chris Kaman rode strong tournament performances into the lottery. In 2002, Maryland's Chris Wilcox and Indiana's Jared Jeffries used the tournament to catapult themselves into the lottery. In previous years, Arizona's Richard Jefferson, Florida's Mike Miller, Miami-Ohio's Wally Szczerbiak and Connecticut's Richard Hamilton used strong March performances as springboards into the lottery.
This year, with such an open draft field, a number of players could take advantage of the national stage to supercharge their draft stock.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Taylor apologizes, will not appeal NBA ban
- LeBron on start: 'I got to do a better job'
- Rockets' Howard to miss third straight game
- Pelicans' Gordon (shoulder) out indefinitely
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Exploring 'Black Planet'
- David Shields, author of "Black Planet," talks about the film version.