- Tampa Bay Lightning: Tampa Bay head coach John Tortorella strayed from his win-and-stay-in approach Wednesday night by starting goalie John Grahame over the streaking Nikolai Khabibulin. Grahame hadn't played since Feb. 20 and Tortorella didn't want him to get too rusty.
Detroit Red Wings: Apparently there is more to the story about Dominik Hasek's injured groin. Detroit GM Ken Holland said he planned to discuss the goaltender's controversial and sudden decision to declare his season over Feb. 10 within a week with the media.
Washington Capitals: There's been very little to be happy about regarding the Washington Capitals season, but team owner Ted Leonsis said he's happy with the jobs of GM George McPhee and head coach Glen Hanlon. Leonsis announced both will be back next season.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Rangers' Lundqvist wins 300th, blanks Wings
- B's tame Panthers, season-best streak at 5
- Stars call up goalie with Lehtonen in limbo
- Jackets D Murray (knee) to miss 4-6 weeks
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Majestic Men's Boston Bruins Vintage Tek Patch Brown T-Shirt
- NHL Home
- Carolina Hurricanes
- Columbus B. Jackets
- New Jersey Devils
- New York Islanders
- New York Rangers
- Philadelphia Flyers
- Pittsburgh Penguins
- Washington Capitals
- Boston Bruins
- Buffalo Sabres
- Detroit Red Wings
- Florida Panthers
- Montreal Canadiens
- Ottawa Senators
- Tampa Bay Lightning
- Toronto Maple Leafs