Denver looking at disgruntled runner
The Broncos may use the second-round pick they received in the Clinton Portis trade, to land Corey Dillon.
Then along came Rudi Johnson. With Dillon rendered ineffective due to various injuries, Johnson rushed for 957 yards, scored nine touchdowns and averaged 4.5 yards per carry. That performance freed up the Bengals to trade Dillon, who is one of only four players in NFL history to rush for at least 1,000 yards in his first six seasons.
Surprisingly, teams haven't been rushing to make a deal for the 29-year-old runner. But that may be about to change.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Dolphins trade Martin to 49ers for draft pick
- Jags send former 1st-rounder Gabbert to SF
- Cowboys cut ties with top pass-rusher Ware
- Sources: Talib gets $57M deal from Broncos
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- FANMATS Oakland Raiders 2-Piece Heavy Duty Vinyl Car Mat Set