Denver looking at disgruntled runner
The Broncos may use the second-round pick they received in the Clinton Portis trade, to land Corey Dillon.
Then along came Rudi Johnson. With Dillon rendered ineffective due to various injuries, Johnson rushed for 957 yards, scored nine touchdowns and averaged 4.5 yards per carry. That performance freed up the Bengals to trade Dillon, who is one of only four players in NFL history to rush for at least 1,000 yards in his first six seasons.
Surprisingly, teams haven't been rushing to make a deal for the 29-year-old runner. But that may be about to change.
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Man faces charges for Modell grave urination
- GM admits RG III played too early in 2013
- Police: Cards' Abraham passed out at wheel
- Seahawks sign NFLPA president, OT Winston
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Sparo Women's Oakland Raiders Charm Watch