Kearse only piece of the puzzle
The biggest reason Philadelphia has not reached the Super Bowl has been its lack of talent at receiver.
The Eagles typically pass on big-money free agents, but Reid took a gamble and signed defensive end Jevon Kearse to an eight-year, $66 million contract with $20 million in signing and roster bonuses. As good as Kearse is, he missed all but four games in 2002 with a fractured left foot and didn't register a sack in his last seven games.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Dolphins trade Martin to 49ers for draft pick
- Jags send former 1st-rounder Gabbert to SF
- Cowboys cut Pro-Bowler Ware; Broncos next?
- Sources: Talib gets $57M deal from Broncos
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Youth Home Game Jersey Philadelphia Eagles Michael Vick #7