Kearse only piece of the puzzle
The biggest reason Philadelphia has not reached the Super Bowl has been its lack of talent at receiver.
The Eagles typically pass on big-money free agents, but Reid took a gamble and signed defensive end Jevon Kearse to an eight-year, $66 million contract with $20 million in signing and roster bonuses. As good as Kearse is, he missed all but four games in 2002 with a fractured left foot and didn't register a sack in his last seven games.
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Source: Vikes give Rudolph 5-year extension
- Hardy 'hates' being distraction for Panthers
- Cobb: Haven't done enough for new deal
- Jets' Milliner says he is NFL's best cornerback
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Antigua Men's Philadelphia Eagles Black Tone Polo