Colorado ready to hire Quenneville?
The Avalanche are reportedly just waiting for a reason to hire former Colorado assistant Joel Quenneville.
That is, if he can keep it up to game time. The Avalanche are just waiting for a reason to hire former Colorado assistant Joel Quenneville, according to the Denver Post and the New York Post. We knew Quenneville, who was fired as head coach by the St. Louis Blues last week, wouldn't take long to find a new job, but few would have expected the Western Conference's second-place team to be first in line.
But the NHL just isn't patient with coaches and Granato got his job because of a similar knee-jerk reaction to Colorado's slow start last season under Bob Hartley, who now coaches the Atlanta Thrashers.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Struggling Flames fire GM Feaster, assistant
- St. Louis' SO goal delivers Lightning by Wings
- Jackets pounce early, extend Rangers' skid
- Iginla seals it as Bruins hold on vs. Oilers
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Reebok Men's Colorado Avalanche 2013 Draft Flex Fit Burgundy Hat