Colorado ready to hire Quenneville?
The Avalanche are reportedly just waiting for a reason to hire former Colorado assistant Joel Quenneville.
That is, if he can keep it up to game time. The Avalanche are just waiting for a reason to hire former Colorado assistant Joel Quenneville, according to the Denver Post and the New York Post. We knew Quenneville, who was fired as head coach by the St. Louis Blues last week, wouldn't take long to find a new job, but few would have expected the Western Conference's second-place team to be first in line.
But the NHL just isn't patient with coaches and Granato got his job because of a similar knee-jerk reaction to Colorado's slow start last season under Bob Hartley, who now coaches the Atlanta Thrashers.
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Vanek helping authorities in federal probe
- Leafs hire analytics guru Dubas as asst. GM
- Rangers, Zuccarello avoid arbitration with deal
- Stars agree to four-year deal with Roussel
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Old Time Hockey Men's Colorado Avalanche Carbon Full-Zip Navy Fleece Jacket