Mets, Tigers poised for improvement
Does Billy Beane still have the juice to overcome the deep pockets of new Angels owner Arturo Moreno?
So, I laughed and applauded when Crystal dropped the hammer on Rose for betting on baseball and now I'm going to discuss betting on baseball. Hypocritical? Well, not really. I am not a major league manager and I am not actually going to suggest that anybody bets on baseball. I would just like to discuss some of the over/under betting lines set this year because -- like the propositions we discussed last week -- they're fun to look at in a purely academic way.
As a source, I looked at a particular off-shore internet betting site. Odds and lines might vary from site-to-site, but probably not by too much. Today we'll talk about the lines that carry the most extreme odds. In over/under betting, the odds are represented by the amount of the payoff. In order, these are the bets that will pay the least in 2004:
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Lester scratched from start but no trade yet
- Dodgers' Scully will return for 66th season
- Eleven suspensions issued for Triple-A brawl
- Cain to meet with Dr. Andrews about elbow
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Extended Sizes - Majestic Men's Authentic Baltimore Orioles J.J. Hardy #2 Cool Base Alternate Black Jersey w/ Patch