Giants needs dominant tackle
Offensive tackle: The Giants have been lulled into a false sense of security at this position in recent years due to their success in retooling with lesser-name players and lower draft picks. It caught up to them in 2003, when there was little consistency on the line and their youngsters failed to deliver. Right tackle Ian Allen struggled last season and backup Jeff Hatch, a third-round pick last year, showed he isn't close to being ready to start. Worse, Luke Petitgout, the team's best lineman, is coming off a back injury that forced him to miss six games last year.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Broncos sign WR Sanders to 3-year deal
- Texans' Foster medically cleared to return
- Source: Giants physical for Rodgers-Cromartie
- Ex-Seahawks CB Thurmond signs with Giants
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Wild Sports New York Giants Tim Wolfe Series Desktop Helmet Statue