Nets' Frank enjoying the moment
Since taking over as head coach of the team, Lawrence Frank has gone 13-0, winning by an average of 12.7 points per game as the Nets have gone from a mediocre 22-20 to 35-20 and second-place in the Eastern Conference.
They are, no doubt, the hottest team in the NBA, an almost certain playoff contender and, perhaps, the favorite to return to the NBA Finals for the third year in a row.
The problem, though, is that Frank is still listed as the "interim" head coach and does not have a contract that extends beyond this season.
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Jordan rules: 'Cool' with No. 23 for LeBron
- Scott not wasting time: Lakers must play D
- Noah: Bulls can defeat 'big obstacle' LeBron
- Love out for Team USA amid uncertain status
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Northwest Brooklyn Nets Sherpa Plush Throw