Rams need to upgrade secondary
Cornerback: Last year's fifth-round draft pick, Jarametrius Butler, gave St. Louis unexpected production and Travis Fisher played well enough, but both lack size and neither has elite cover skills. The Rams can get away with playing them in their cover-2 scheme, in which the corners are asked to squat on the perimeter and cover short and intermediate routes. But if the team ever changes its philosophy to one that requires its corners to turn and run in man-to-man situations, Butler and Fisher likely would have problems.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Colts owner Irsay arrested on suspected DWI
- Broncos sign WR Sanders to 3-year deal
- Texans' Foster medically cleared to return
- Source: Giants physical for Rodgers-Cromartie
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Antigua Men's St. Louis Rams Exceed Polo