Rams need to upgrade secondary
Cornerback: Last year's fifth-round draft pick, Jarametrius Butler, gave St. Louis unexpected production and Travis Fisher played well enough, but both lack size and neither has elite cover skills. The Rams can get away with playing them in their cover-2 scheme, in which the corners are asked to squat on the perimeter and cover short and intermediate routes. But if the team ever changes its philosophy to one that requires its corners to turn and run in man-to-man situations, Butler and Fisher likely would have problems.
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Seahawks' Lynch at camp after ending holdout
- Rice: 'I made the biggest mistake of my life'
- Manziel on NFL learning curve: It'll take time
- Trump advances in bidding to purchase Bills
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Riddell St. Louis Rams VSR4 Throwback '81 - '99 Mini Football Helmet