Bucs need game-breaker at WR
Wide receiver: Tampa Bay's coaching staff believes Charles Lee, who stepped in for the suspended Keyshawn Johnson mid-season last year, is a rising star. But the team still needs a vertical receiver who can stretch defenses. Lee is better at turning a short catch into a long gain than he is running vertical routes and making plays downfield. Veterans Keenan McCardell and Joe Jurevicius are possession guys who make clutch catches and move the chains, but neither scares defenses with deep ability. The Bucs need a field-stretcher on the perimeter who can not only give them big plays but also loosen up defenses and open up more of the field for those possession receivers.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Steve Smith reaches 3-year deal with Ravens
- Colts strike deal with former Giants WR Nicks
- Pats reach deal with suspended CB Browner
- Sources: Spikes has 1-year deal with Bills
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- GameWear Tampa Bay Buccaneers NFL Classic Team Football Keychain