Jets need linebacker with range
Outside linebacker: New York is likely to gut its linebacker corps, jettisoning at least two of its three starters from a year ago. Sam Cowart and Mo Lewis still play hard, but their lack of range is glaring. Opposing offenses have been able to pick on the Jets' perimeter defense using speed and athleticism to create favorable matchups. The team needs an athletic space guy who isn't a liability in coverage, makes open-field tackles and has the ability to blitz on occasion. The Jets like Victor Hobson, but he doesn't have the great speed and range the team needs. As a group, New York's linebackers will have big problems matching up until the team finds that player.
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Seahawks' Lynch at camp after ending holdout
- Rice: 'I made the biggest mistake of my life'
- 49ers, Harbaugh table contract talks for now
- Manziel on NFL learning curve: It'll take time
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Forever Collectibles Men's New York Jets Team Colored Contour Flip Flop