Vikings need to improve secondary
Cornerback: The Vikings have tried for years (and mostly failed) to improve the perimeter of their secondary. Brian Williams is a star in the making on the left side, but who will line up opposite him? Ken Irvin is experienced but no longer has the speed to turn and run with quality receivers. Best-case scenario: He plays across from slot receivers, where he can better use his quickness and avoid being exposed in man-to-man situations. Last year Irvin wrestled the starting job from Denard Walker, who was an absolute flop. Finding another quality cornerback who can handle himself in man-to-man coverage would give the Vikings plenty more versatility and flexibility.
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Lynch on SB call: 'I was expecting the ball'
- Tulloch 'way ahead of schedule' in ACL rehab
- Report: Raiders set to cut linebacker Woodley
- Cowboys tell Bryant's agent they will tag WR
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Home Game Jersey Minnesota Vikings Greg Jennings #15