Finding franchise left tackle is a must
Left tackle: Athleticism has been Chicago's most nettlesome problem at this position in recent years. Current starter Mike Gandy, like many of the team's linemen, lacks range and pass-blocking skills. He is a liability when isolated against a speed rusher, and is much better suited to play guard. Backup Mark Colombo has had his share of problems, including durability (knee injuries are beginning to take their toll).
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Redskins' Cousins to start in place of RG III
- Urlacher: Bears should stick with McCown
- Ravens' Elam on Megatron: 'He's pretty old'
- NFL to look at big changes for replay system
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Antigua Women's Chicago Bears Leader Full-Zip Navy Jacket