Burrell for comeback player of the year?
Pat Burrell is eager to put a disastruous 2003 season behind him and help the Phillies reach the playoffs.
That question is, of course, "What's gone wrong?"
Few players have heard that question more than Pat Burrell did in 2003, a year in which his batting average tumbled 73 points, taking a lot of his game down with it. Things got so bad for Burrell that he took matters into his own hands this spring and called a press conference to cap the oil well fire of negative questions. In an attempt to put the past in the past, he informed the gathered media that this would be their last opportunity to ask him about the disaster that was 2003.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Yankees get 3B Headley in trade with Padres
- Rockies place Tulowitzki (hip strain) on DL
- Angels won't limit ace Richards' workload
- Cubs DFA Barney, activate Bonifacio off DL
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Antigua Men's Philadelphia Phillies Red Icon Polo