Vancouver Canucks: Surprise, surprise, the Vancouver Canucks were misleading on the extent of Ed Jovanovski's shoulder injury. Originally called a shoulder sprain, which would have kept him out of the lineup for two to four weeks, the star defenseman actually suffered a separated shoulder Jan. 25 and will be out at least another two to four weeks.
Washington Capitals: Washington fans showed how much they will miss Peter Bondra on Thursday night in the Capitals' first game since the popular winger was traded to Ottawa. From signs to chants of "Let's Go Peter," fans tried to cope with the first game without Bondra as a member of the team since 1989.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Pens' Neal banned five for intentional knee
- Malkin scores in return as Pens top Jackets
- Senators' Spezza scores SO winner vs. Flyers
- Penguins place Orpik on IR with concussion
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Reebok Men's New Jersey Devils 2013 Center Ice Collection Authentic Elite Red Fleece Hoodie