Vancouver Canucks: Surprise, surprise, the Vancouver Canucks were misleading on the extent of Ed Jovanovski's shoulder injury. Originally called a shoulder sprain, which would have kept him out of the lineup for two to four weeks, the star defenseman actually suffered a separated shoulder Jan. 25 and will be out at least another two to four weeks.
Washington Capitals: Washington fans showed how much they will miss Peter Bondra on Thursday night in the Capitals' first game since the popular winger was traded to Ottawa. From signs to chants of "Let's Go Peter," fans tried to cope with the first game without Bondra as a member of the team since 1989.
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Canes captain Staal has core muscle surgery
- King, L.A. agree to 3-year, $5.85 million deal
- Habs add Lacroix, Ramage to coaching staff
- Wild re-sign winger Fontaine to 2-year deal
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Antigua Men's Boston Bruins Black Executive Crew Neck Sweater