Lacroix looking to work magic
After shipping Peter Bondra to Ottawa, Washington will likely send Sergei Gonchar to the highest bidder.
Gonchar leads NHL defensemen in scoring with 44 points and recently returned after missing three weeks with a shoulder injury. The Caps can't take a chance on Gonchar reinjuring his shoulder and losing their opportunity to shed more salary following the departures of Bondra, Jagr and Steve Konowalchuk (traded to the Avalanche in November).
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Brassard, Rangers agree on five-year deal
- Reimer agrees to two-year deal with Leafs
- Bruins add NHL vet Sacco to coaching staff
- Eller agrees to 4-year deal with Canadiens
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Antigua Men's Ottawa Senators Red Point Polo