Is Iverson wearing out welcome?
"This is always going to stay with me," Iverson said in the Philadelphia Inquirer after being benched by interim coach Chris Ford for the start of Tuesday night's game against the Nuggets. "I'll never forget it. I'll always remember it. I don't have to be his friend. I don't have to speak to him. I don't have to say how you doing or anything to him. I can play for him, though. I can go out there and play hard for him, and I can try to do exactly what he wants me to do, night in and night out. I'll definitely do that. I don't have any problem with that. As far as having a relationship with him outside of basketball, that's done from day one."
Despite missing the Monday practice with supposed plane problems and the first seven-and-a-half minutes of the game, Iverson tallied an impressive 27 points, 14 assists, three boards and two steals on 8-for-17 shooting.
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Riley says Heat OK after LeBron's departure
- Sources: 76ers fighting new lottery proposal
- Stern praises Silver for handling of Sterling
- Rose 'on a mission' in return, Calipari says
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Men's Philadelphia 76ers Royal climalite Performance Polo