Is Iverson wearing out welcome?
"This is always going to stay with me," Iverson said in the Philadelphia Inquirer after being benched by interim coach Chris Ford for the start of Tuesday night's game against the Nuggets. "I'll never forget it. I'll always remember it. I don't have to be his friend. I don't have to speak to him. I don't have to say how you doing or anything to him. I can play for him, though. I can go out there and play hard for him, and I can try to do exactly what he wants me to do, night in and night out. I'll definitely do that. I don't have any problem with that. As far as having a relationship with him outside of basketball, that's done from day one."
Despite missing the Monday practice with supposed plane problems and the first seven-and-a-half minutes of the game, Iverson tallied an impressive 27 points, 14 assists, three boards and two steals on 8-for-17 shooting.
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Report: Allen leaning toward joining Cavaliers
- Bulls' original $33M Jordan contract on block
- Felton pleads guilty in gun case, spared jail
- Shelly Sterling seeks appeal-proof ruling
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Party Animal Philadelphia 76ers Applique Banner Flag