- Minnesota Wild: After nearly four years of riding a two-goalie system, the Minnesota Wild finally have a No. 1 goalie. Wild head coach Jacques Lemaire declared Dwayne Roloson as the team's main netminder because he has outplayed backup Manny Fernandez, Lemaire's nephew.
Chicago Blackhawks: A Vancouver offer of center Artem Chubarov, winger Jason King and goalie Alexander Auld in exchange for Chicago center Alex Zhamnov "couldn't be more wrong," Blackhawks assistant GM Dale Tallon told the Arlington Daily Herald.
Vancouver Canucks: One of the biggest free agents of the summer might be Canucks GM Brian Burke. Last week chief executive officer of Orca Bay Sports and Entertainment Stan McAmmon said contract extension talks wouldn't resume until the offseason because he didn't want them to be a distraction. Whether McAmmon likes it or not, Burke's status will be a much-discussed distraction because nobody knows whether Canucks owner John McCaw really wants Burke back.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Jackets D Murray (knee) to miss 4-6 weeks
- Sutter sends Pens past Ducks in shootout
- Luongo shuts out Sabres in return to Florida
- Franzen's 2 goals highlight Wings' barrage
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Zephyr Men's Boston Bruins Cut-Up Camo/Black Z-Fit Flex Hat
- NHL Home
- Carolina Hurricanes
- Columbus B. Jackets
- New Jersey Devils
- New York Islanders
- New York Rangers
- Philadelphia Flyers
- Pittsburgh Penguins
- Washington Capitals
- Boston Bruins
- Buffalo Sabres
- Detroit Red Wings
- Florida Panthers
- Montreal Canadiens
- Ottawa Senators
- Tampa Bay Lightning
- Toronto Maple Leafs