Chicago Blackhawks: A Vancouver offer of center Artem Chubarov, winger Jason King and goalie Alexander Auld in exchange for Chicago center Alex Zhamnov "couldn't be more wrong," Blackhawks assistant GM Dale Tallon told the Arlington Daily Herald.
Vancouver Canucks: One of the biggest free agents of the summer might be Canucks GM Brian Burke. Last week chief executive officer of Orca Bay Sports and Entertainment Stan McAmmon said contract extension talks wouldn't resume until the offseason because he didn't want them to be a distraction. Whether McAmmon likes it or not, Burke's status will be a much-discussed distraction because nobody knows whether Canucks owner John McCaw really wants Burke back.
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Penguins sign forward Spaling to 2-year deal
- Goalie Lehner signs extension with Senators
- Canes captain Staal has core muscle surgery
- King, L.A. agree to 3-year, $5.85 million deal
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- GameWear Boston Bruins Classic Keychain