Pittsburgh facing uncertain future
Many Penguins will be playing for their jobs as they try to make the best of their final 27 games.
At 11-36-5-3, the Penguins' 30 points are 10 behind the NHL's next-worst team, Chicago. With captain and owner Mario Lemieux out with a bad hip for most of the season, the club hasn't come close to fulfilling his preseason promise that the Penguins would surprise all the doubters.
"We're going to make the playoffs," Lemieux told the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review back on the first day of training camp in September.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Habs to have Price back in goal against Sens
- Peverley gets standing ovation at Stars game
- Penguins' Neal diagnosed with concussion
- Backstrom to get silver medal despite drug test
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Reebok Reversible Men's Pittsburgh Penguins Center Ice Collection Player Black/Grey Knit Hat