Pittsburgh facing uncertain future
Many Penguins will be playing for their jobs as they try to make the best of their final 27 games.
At 11-36-5-3, the Penguins' 30 points are 10 behind the NHL's next-worst team, Chicago. With captain and owner Mario Lemieux out with a bad hip for most of the season, the club hasn't come close to fulfilling his preseason promise that the Penguins would surprise all the doubters.
"We're going to make the playoffs," Lemieux told the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review back on the first day of training camp in September.
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Ducks to retire Selanne's No. 8 this season
- Reports: Arbitration tense for Subban, Habs
- Penguins sign forward Spaling to 2-year deal
- Goalie Lehner signs extension with Senators
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Reebok Men's Pittsburgh Penguins Marc-Andre Fleury #29 Home Black Premier Jersey