10 teams on the hunt for the missing piece
On Tuesday, Insider broke down five teams contemplating a fire sale as the Feb. 19 trade deadline approaches.
Who will be the buyers? It depends on the objective.
Several teams feel they may be just a piece or two away from making a serious run in the playoffs. With so much parity and so many teams stumbling through the first half of the season, several GMs recognize a perfect opportunity to make a run while they have the chance.
Another group of teams isn't looking for a playoff boost. Instead, they're hoping to clear some extra cap space to make a run at a top free agent like Kobe Bryant this summer. Or, they're trying to get below the luxury-tax threshold that owners hate to pay.
Who are they? We thought you'd never ask ...
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Cavs ink Wiggins; can't trade him for 30 days
- Paul: Sitting out possible if Sterling remains
- Cavs still out front in Love talks, sources say
- Harden's 'cornerstones' belief miffs Parsons
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- WinCraft Los Angeles Clippers Bench Towel