- Toronto Maple Leafs: Two steps forward, one step back for the Maple Leafs, who should get forwards Mikael Renberg and Darcy Tucker back from injuries Tuesday night against Chicago. But center Joe Nieuwendyk might not be back until Feb. 10.
Team Canada executive Wayne Gretzky won't make the announcement until Friday, but it's no secret that Toronto Maple Leafs bench boss Pat Quinn will be named Canada's head coach for this summer's World Cup of Hockey. After all, Quinn led Canada to the gold medal in the 2002 Salt Lake City Olympics.
Colorado Avalanche: Colorado winger Paul Kariya said his sprained right wrist is finally starting to come around, meaning the Avalanche star is feeling confident that he can take more shots instead of looking to set up plays.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Stars' Peverley undergoing tests on heart
- Crosby fuels early flurry as Pens clip Caps
- Kings corral Flames to extend streak to 8
- Avs take fifth in 6 on Duchene's goal in OT
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- CCM Men's Boston Bruins Bobby Orr #4 Black Heroes of Hockey Replica Jersey
- NHL Home
- Carolina Hurricanes
- Columbus B. Jackets
- New Jersey Devils
- New York Islanders
- New York Rangers
- Philadelphia Flyers
- Pittsburgh Penguins
- Washington Capitals
- Boston Bruins
- Buffalo Sabres
- Detroit Red Wings
- Florida Panthers
- Montreal Canadiens
- Ottawa Senators
- Tampa Bay Lightning
- Toronto Maple Leafs