Spurs, Pistons give more bang for the buck
The fans have spoken and the Spurs, Mavericks and Pistons rule the NBA in their eyes. Insider breaks down this year's NBA Fan Satisfaction Rankings.
- The fans have spoken. Quality players who are good citizens in the community mean more than stars with fat contracts and even fatter rap sheets. Value for the buck means more than deep pockets. An organization's ability to relate to the fans and the city means more, according to you, than winning championships.
How is it possible, in an age of star over inflation, lavish spending and luxury taxes, that a team with one of the most conservative payrolls in the NBA, the San Antonio Spurs, and another team that doesn't have anyone making more than $6.5 million a year, the Detroit Pistons, rank in the top four of ESPN the Magazine's Fan Satisfaction Rankings while the two teams with the highest payrolls in the NBA -- the New York Knicks and Portland Trail Blazers -- rank 27th and 28th respectively?Call it bang for your buck. Fans appreciate a good bargain when they see it, and no one does it better than the Spurs and Pistons.Tim Duncan's effort hasn't gone unnoticed by fans.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Source: Jackson to Knicks by end of week
- Bynum to make Pacers debut against Celtics
- 76ers lose 17th straight at hands of Knicks
- Heat seal playoff spot behind Wade, LeBron
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Men's San Antonio Spurs Manu Ginobli #20 Gametime Grey T-Shirt
- NBA Home
- Boston Celtics
- Brooklyn Nets
- New York Knicks
- Philadelphia 76ers
- Toronto Raptors
- Chicago Bulls
- Cleveland Cavaliers
- Detroit Pistons
- Indiana Pacers
- Milwaukee Bucks
- Atlanta Hawks
- Charlotte Bobcats
- Miami Heat
- Orlando Magic
- Washington Wizards
- Heat Index