Mora to implement West Coast offense
The Falcons believe the key to getting Michael Vick to throw more completions is improving his footwork.
But the gaudy numbers were compiled in the West Coast offense, which is big on short passes designed to hit a receiver in stride and maximize his yards after the catch. Is the unique skill set of quarterback Michael Vick suited to the style? The offense requires pinpoint passing, and Vick has been scattershot in his brief career.
In his 28 career games, Vick has a completion percentage of 52.2, a mark that ranks below those of Joey Harrington and Quincy Carter. In fact, no regular quarterback has a lower completion percentage since 2001. So how are the Falcons going to solve that problem?
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Seahawks rout Cards behind big-play offense
- Romo-led Cowboys smack Colts, win NFC East
- Romo as MVP? Unquestionably, Cowboys say
- Newton: 'Classless' to cheer Manziel injury
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Fathead Michael Vick Wall Graphic