Hawks, Bulls, Warriors ready to unload?
- Sixteen days and counting until the NBA trade deadline, and after months of unprecedented high-profile wheeling and dealing, the phones suddenly have gone quiet.
"It's weird, but the calls have really tapered down into a trickle," one GM told Insider. "Usually now is the time when everything heats up, but so many deals have already been done, maybe there aren't that many left that make much sense."
Insider talked with several league executives who were reporting the same thing -- the sound of silence. Some believe the parity in the league right now is starting to put a kibosh on things. Others think we're just in the calm before the storm. When GMs get together in Los Angeles next week before the All-Star Game, things will begin heating up again.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Spurs breeze past Heat with Duncan in form
- Clippers rout Lakers by record 48
- LeBron says sleeved jersey partly to blame
- Noah recruits Melo to join Bulls, sources say
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- NBA Home
- Boston Celtics
- Brooklyn Nets
- New York Knicks
- Philadelphia 76ers
- Toronto Raptors
- Chicago Bulls
- Cleveland Cavaliers
- Detroit Pistons
- Indiana Pacers
- Milwaukee Bucks
- Atlanta Hawks
- Charlotte Bobcats
- Miami Heat
- Orlando Magic
- Washington Wizards
- Heat Index