Panthers have edge in field-position game
Updated: January 30, 2004, 4:36 PM ETBy By Scouts, Inc. | For ESPN Insider
Editor's note: Scouts, Inc., offers up daily notes and observations as the countdown to Super Bowl XXXVIII picks up steam.
First look: Pats will force Panthers to pass | Take 2: Pats' offense can scheme, too
Monday: Muhammad a matchup problem? | Tuesday: Delhomme keeps it simple
Wednesday: Defensive difference-makers | Thursday: Don't overlook Panthers' D-line
This could become a game of field position, as both teams have outstanding defenses. The punting game will be significant and give the Panthers an advantage if this happens. PT Todd Sauerbrun is more consistent and has a stronger leg than Patriots PT Ken Walter. Walter was released and then re-signed during the season. In addition, LS Brian Kinchen was signed because of injuries to the Patriots' starting and backup long snappers.
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- NFL VP defends length of Rice suspension
- Peterson: Vikes' offense no longer 'predictable'
- Giants set lofty 70 percent goal for Manning
- Colts release Rainey for rules violation
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Forever Collectibles Boys' New England Patriots Team Colored Elastic Flip Flop