Nashville defenseman finally receiving praise
On a team without any marquee names, Kimmo Timonen is beginning to get noticed.
But on a team without marquee names and in a league that increasingly stresses size, the 5-10, 196-pound Finnish blue-liner is beginning to get noticed as the surprising Predators (24-18-6-2) drive toward the franchise's first playoff berth in its six-year history.
While Timonen's selection last week as one of four defensive reserves for the Western Conference All-Star team surprised many observers, his teammates and coaches believe others are finally discovering what they have admired since the 28-year-old entered the NHL in 1998-99.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Wings' Howard hurts knee; Zetterberg to IR
- Sens' Cowen docked 2 games for blow to head
- Lightning's Panik is suspended for 2 games
- Blackhawks chase Emery, rough up Flyers
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Concepts Sport Women's Nashville Predators Script Burnout Blue V-Neck T-Shirt