Nashville defenseman finally receiving praise
On a team without any marquee names, Kimmo Timonen is beginning to get noticed.
But on a team without marquee names and in a league that increasingly stresses size, the 5-10, 196-pound Finnish blue-liner is beginning to get noticed as the surprising Predators (24-18-6-2) drive toward the franchise's first playoff berth in its six-year history.
While Timonen's selection last week as one of four defensive reserves for the Western Conference All-Star team surprised many observers, his teammates and coaches believe others are finally discovering what they have admired since the 28-year-old entered the NHL in 1998-99.
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Bruins add NHL vet Sacco to coaching staff
- Avalanche announce 2-year deal for O'Reilly
- Islanders, Poulin agree to one-year contract
- Kreider, Rangers able to avoid arbitration
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Antigua Men's Nashville Predators Navy Traverse Fleece Jacket