Nashville defenseman finally receiving praise
On a team without any marquee names, Kimmo Timonen is beginning to get noticed.
But on a team without marquee names and in a league that increasingly stresses size, the 5-10, 196-pound Finnish blue-liner is beginning to get noticed as the surprising Predators (24-18-6-2) drive toward the franchise's first playoff berth in its six-year history.
While Timonen's selection last week as one of four defensive reserves for the Western Conference All-Star team surprised many observers, his teammates and coaches believe others are finally discovering what they have admired since the 28-year-old entered the NHL in 1998-99.
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Canes captain Staal has core muscle surgery
- Wild re-sign winger Fontaine to 2-year deal
- Frolik remains with Jets, agrees to 1-year deal
- Tatar agrees to 3-year deal with Red Wings
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Reebok Men's Nashville Predators 2013 Center Ice Collection Gold Polo