- Chicago Blackhawks: Chicago center Alex Zhamnov will soon follow former Blackhawks stars Tony Amonte, Jeremy Roenick and Chris Chelios out of town. After talks between the team and Zhamnov broke down, Blackhawks GM Bob Pulford told the Arlington Daily Herald, "we were unable to come to a conclusion on a contract, therefore we are going to try and move him."
Meanwhile, Chicago head coach Brian Sutter will be a lame duck through the end of the season. Pulford said now is not the time to talk about an extension for Sutter, who is in the final year of a three-year deal, and the team will handle it when the time comes.
Philadelphia Flyers: With Philadelphia unsure when goalie Jeff Hackett can return from "positional vertigo," Flyers GM Bob Clarke has acknowledged that he has made preliminary inquiries to other teams regarding available netminders, according to the Delaware County Daily Times.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Sutter sends Pens past Ducks in shootout
- Luongo shuts out Sabres in return to Florida
- Franzen's 2 goals highlight Wings' barrage
- Rangers use late rally to outstrip Hurricanes
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Rico Boston Bruins Die Cut Small Static Window Cling
- NHL Home
- Carolina Hurricanes
- Columbus B. Jackets
- New Jersey Devils
- New York Islanders
- New York Rangers
- Philadelphia Flyers
- Pittsburgh Penguins
- Washington Capitals
- Boston Bruins
- Buffalo Sabres
- Detroit Red Wings
- Florida Panthers
- Montreal Canadiens
- Ottawa Senators
- Tampa Bay Lightning
- Toronto Maple Leafs