Lightning looking to pull away from pack
Teams in the Southeast division will have to decide if they are buyers or sellers in the trade market.
As of Wednesday morning, Tampa Bay would be the only team from the division to make the playoffs and three of the four worst teams in the Eastern Conference were from the Southeast. While there's still a tight race going on for the division lead, pretty soon some teams will have to decide if they are buyers or sellers in the trade market.
That said, Southeast teams should be busy one way or another leading up to the March 9 trading deadline, so here's a look at how the teams are shaping up for the stretch run:
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Canes captain Staal has core muscle surgery
- King, L.A. agree to 3-year, $5.85 million deal
- Habs add Lacroix, Ramage to coaching staff
- Wild re-sign winger Fontaine to 2-year deal
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Reebok Men's Tampa Bay Lightning Team-Color Long Knit Hat