Lightning looking to pull away from pack
Teams in the Southeast division will have to decide if they are buyers or sellers in the trade market.
As of Wednesday morning, Tampa Bay would be the only team from the division to make the playoffs and three of the four worst teams in the Eastern Conference were from the Southeast. While there's still a tight race going on for the division lead, pretty soon some teams will have to decide if they are buyers or sellers in the trade market.
That said, Southeast teams should be busy one way or another leading up to the March 9 trading deadline, so here's a look at how the teams are shaping up for the stretch run:
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Stars 'keep rolling,' outlast NHL-best Blues
- Stars' Peverley undergoing tests on heart
- Fleury blanks Capitals as Penguins sweep
- NHL GMs to recommend changes for faceoffs
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- The Highland Mint Tampa Bay Lightning Tampa Bay Times Forum Signature Rink Photo