Indiana Pacers: Can Jonathan Bender play through the pain. He lasted just three games coming off the injured list after offseason knee surgery. "I've never had pain in my knee before," he told the Indianapolis Star. "It's new for me. Real new. I need to get it strong enough that I won't have setbacks. Right now I'm going to have setbacks. I have to get it stronger and get the confidence to go out there and give it 100 percent." Teammate Reggie Miller believes that Bender needs to toughen up. "His mind-set is he wants to be 100 percent healthy," Miller said. "But the NBA is a very unhealthy game. You're always going to have bumps and bruises. There's going to be times when he has to play through it."
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Gasol, Griz overcome Spurs in 3OT thriller
- Sources: Celtics, Mavs talking Rondo trade
- Hawks send Cavaliers to 'embarrassing' loss
- Harden plays spoiler in overtime at Denver
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Starring Woes
- Former running mates LeBron James and Dwyane Wade shared in frustration Wednesday with their teams' plights.