Dolan not ready to make change
The Rangers have been capable but underachieving since Glen Sather took over as GM on June 1, 2000.
Updated: January 28, 2004, 7:17 AM ETBy By Jim Wilkie | NHL Insider
The chants of "Fire Sather" started soon after the puck dropped at Madison Square Garden for the New York Rangers' 5-2 victory over the Florida Panthers on Monday night.
The suits in the Rangers executive suite have heard the cries of the fans for several games now and have decided to respond, although not act on the fans' impulses by dumping team president, general manager and head coach Glen Sather.
Glen Sather has not distinguished himself in New York.
"I am not going to fire Glen Sather," MSG chairman and Cablevision CEO James L. Dolan told members of the New York media during the first intermission.
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Canes captain Staal has core muscle surgery
- Wild re-sign winger Fontaine to 2-year deal
- Frolik remains with Jets, agrees to 1-year deal
- Tatar agrees to 3-year deal with Red Wings
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Tervis New York Rangers 24 oz Colossal Wrap Tumbler