Dolan not ready to make change
The Rangers have been capable but underachieving since Glen Sather took over as GM on June 1, 2000.
- The chants of "Fire Sather" started soon after the puck dropped at Madison Square Garden for the New York Rangers' 5-2 victory over the Florida Panthers on Monday night.The suits in the Rangers executive suite have heard the cries of the fans for several games now and have decided to respond, although not act on the fans' impulses by dumping team president, general manager and head coach Glen Sather.Glen Sather has not distinguished himself in New York.
"I am not going to fire Glen Sather," MSG chairman and Cablevision CEO James L. Dolan told members of the New York media during the first intermission.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Stars honor Cup hero Modano, retire jersey
- Caps score 3 times in 3rd, rally past Coyotes
- Lupul nets OT winner as Leafs defeat Flyers
- Smith lifts Bruins past Lightning in shootout
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Reebok Men's New York Rangers Henrik Lundqvist #30 Home Blue Premier Jersey
- NHL Home
- Carolina Hurricanes
- Columbus B. Jackets
- New Jersey Devils
- New York Islanders
- New York Rangers
- Philadelphia Flyers
- Pittsburgh Penguins
- Washington Capitals
- Boston Bruins
- Buffalo Sabres
- Detroit Red Wings
- Florida Panthers
- Montreal Canadiens
- Ottawa Senators
- Tampa Bay Lightning
- Toronto Maple Leafs