Is Kobe the prize of 2004?
That's the mantra being pushed around the NBA as we approach the Feb. 19 trade deadline. The Rasheed Wallace sweepstakes are essentially an attempt by several teams (read: Atlanta, Cleveland, Detroit) to dump a big salary or two so they'll have money to burn this summer as they eye the free-agent class of 2004.
Such an approach begs the question: Are there any free agents worth writing home about? And, even more important, will any team have enough cash and a good enough sales pitch to land the ultimate prize -- Kobe Bryant?
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Cavs ink Wiggins; can't trade him for 30 days
- Harden's 'cornerstones' belief miffs Parsons
- Lin joins Lakers, says 'Linsanity' part of past
- Bulls' original $33M Jordan contract on block
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Youth Los Angeles Lakers Kobe Bryant #24 Purple Gametime T-Shirt