Los Angeles still waiting on Beltre
The Dodgers are holding out hope that Adrian Beltre will live up to his enormous potential.
Because of the existence of the salary arbitration process, the Dodgers had limited choices as to what they could do with the Beltre case:
1. Release him and get nothing in return.
2. Trade him and get little in return. (The Cubs were interested at mid-season last year before getting Aramis Ramirez from the Pirates.)
3. Go to arbitration and run the risk of paying him yet even more money.
4. Do what they did by meeting him half-way.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Report: Cuban slugger to D-backs for $68.5M
- Red Sox officially unveil Sandoval, Ramirez
- Source: Lester, Giants will meet next week
- Brewers' Braun: No pain in repaired thumb