Los Angeles still waiting on Beltre
The Dodgers are holding out hope that Adrian Beltre will live up to his enormous potential.
Because of the existence of the salary arbitration process, the Dodgers had limited choices as to what they could do with the Beltre case:
1. Release him and get nothing in return.
2. Trade him and get little in return. (The Cubs were interested at mid-season last year before getting Aramis Ramirez from the Pirates.)
3. Go to arbitration and run the risk of paying him yet even more money.
4. Do what they did by meeting him half-way.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Halladay retires after 1-day Blue Jays deal
- Trade talks for OF Kemp active, agent says
- It's unanimous: Torre, La Russa, Cox to Hall
- Sources: Tigers close to deal with OF Davis
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Majestic Men's Los Angeles Dodgers #21 Zack Greinke Home White Replica Jersey