Los Angeles still waiting on Beltre
The Dodgers are holding out hope that Adrian Beltre will live up to his enormous potential.
Because of the existence of the salary arbitration process, the Dodgers had limited choices as to what they could do with the Beltre case:
1. Release him and get nothing in return.
2. Trade him and get little in return. (The Cubs were interested at mid-season last year before getting Aramis Ramirez from the Pirates.)
3. Go to arbitration and run the risk of paying him yet even more money.
4. Do what they did by meeting him half-way.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- IRS to auction money Mets owe Strawberry
- Pirates win negotiating rights to S. Korean SS
- Twins extend pitcher Hughes through 2019
- Romo, Giants finalize $15M, 2-year contract