- Colorado Avalanche: Peter Forsberg is out of action again, although it appears to be a game-to-game call on when he will return. "There's no sense turning this into something," Avalanche head coach Tony Granato told the Denver Post. Of course, by offering so little information Colorado was only helping to turn it into something bigger.
Thanks to Avalanche defenseman Rob Blake, the hipcheck isn't completely extinct in the NHL. But even for a hard-hitter such as Blake, he has to be careful when to use the bone-jarring maneuver.
Carolina Hurricanes: Carolina GM Jim Rutherford told the Raleigh News & Observer he'll probably trade for a forward to improve the NHL's worst offense. Considering Jeff O'Neill's recent part in trade rumors, speculation naturally increases that the struggling natural goal scorer will be part of a deal.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Jackets D Murray (knee) to miss 4-6 weeks
- Sutter sends Pens past Ducks in shootout
- Luongo shuts out Sabres in return to Florida
- Franzen's 2 goals highlight Wings' barrage
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Concepts Sport Women's Boston Bruins Kelly Green Folklore T-Shirt
- NHL Home
- Carolina Hurricanes
- Columbus B. Jackets
- New Jersey Devils
- New York Islanders
- New York Rangers
- Philadelphia Flyers
- Pittsburgh Penguins
- Washington Capitals
- Boston Bruins
- Buffalo Sabres
- Detroit Red Wings
- Florida Panthers
- Montreal Canadiens
- Ottawa Senators
- Tampa Bay Lightning
- Toronto Maple Leafs