San Jose solid between the pipes
The Sharks wouldn't be among the best teams in the West without strong goaltending.
The Sharks (20-11-11-4) are tied with St. Louis for the fourth-best point total (55) in the Western Conference and they lead the Pacific Division by six points over second-place Los Angeles. Although it's not the sole reason (better team defense, improved penalty killing and maturing young veterans) for San Jose's revival, it's safe to say the Sharks wouldn't be among the best teams in the West without strong goaltending.
"That's where it starts, goaltending and solid defense," Sharks forward Vincent Damphousse told the San Francisco Chronicle. "That's what wins games. Our two guys have been so solid and it's been a huge factor why we're where we are."
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Ducks to retire Selanne's No. 8 this season
- Reports: Arbitration tense for Subban, Habs
- Penguins sign forward Spaling to 2-year deal
- Goalie Lehner signs extension with Senators
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Reebok Soft-Touch Men's New York Islanders Evgeni Nabokov #20 Player Replica Royal T-Shirt