Philadelphia Flyers: The much-anticipated home-and-home series between Toronto and Philadelphia will get special attention from NHL officials this weekend. Both teams have been critical of on-ice officials this season, and director of officiating Andy VanHellemond will likely be the game supervisor Friday night at Philadelphia.
Pittsburgh Penguins: Penguins goalie Marc-Andre Fleury is scheduled to make his first NHL start in more than a month Friday night against Minnesota. Pittsburgh head coach Eddie Olczyk had been waiting to let the 2003 first overall pick get over a bad goal that cost Canada the gold medal in the World Junior Ice Hockey Championships.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Ducks beat Kings after tying goal waived off
- Iginla's 2 goals give Bruins 8th straight win
- Bishop gets 31st win to set Lightning record
- Canadiens storm back to down Sens in OT
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Old Time Hockey Men's Boston Bruins Rollins Gold Fleece Hoodie