Philadelphia Flyers: The much-anticipated home-and-home series between Toronto and Philadelphia will get special attention from NHL officials this weekend. Both teams have been critical of on-ice officials this season, and director of officiating Andy VanHellemond will likely be the game supervisor Friday night at Philadelphia.
Pittsburgh Penguins: Penguins goalie Marc-Andre Fleury is scheduled to make his first NHL start in more than a month Friday night against Minnesota. Pittsburgh head coach Eddie Olczyk had been waiting to let the 2003 first overall pick get over a bad goal that cost Canada the gold medal in the World Junior Ice Hockey Championships.
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Penguins sign forward Spaling to 2-year deal
- Goalie Lehner signs extension with Senators
- Canes captain Staal has core muscle surgery
- King, L.A. agree to 3-year, $5.85 million deal
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Zephyr Men's Boston Bruins Uppercut Gold/Black Flex Hat