Anaheim struggling to recapture magic
Anaheim can join the list of lost causes if the Mighty Ducks don't put some wins together quickly.
Pittsburgh, Washington, Columbus and Chicago have wallowed at the bottom of the standings all season and none has shown signs that it will pull out for a second-half run. In the next couple of weeks, Anaheim can join the list of lost causes if the Mighty Ducks don't put some wins together quickly.
It's been quite a fall for last season's Western Conference champion that came within one game of winning the Stanley Cup. The latest setback was a 1-0 loss at Edmonton on Thursday night that dropped Anaheim's January record to 0-5-3.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Peverley gets standing ovation at Stars game
- Penguins' Neal diagnosed with concussion
- Backstrom to get silver medal despite drug test
- Lundqvist ties Richter for Rangers' win record
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Reebok Men's Anaheim Ducks 2014 NHL Stadium Series Grey FlexFit Hat