Anaheim struggling to recapture magic
Anaheim can join the list of lost causes if the Mighty Ducks don't put some wins together quickly.
Pittsburgh, Washington, Columbus and Chicago have wallowed at the bottom of the standings all season and none has shown signs that it will pull out for a second-half run. In the next couple of weeks, Anaheim can join the list of lost causes if the Mighty Ducks don't put some wins together quickly.
It's been quite a fall for last season's Western Conference champion that came within one game of winning the Stanley Cup. The latest setback was a 1-0 loss at Edmonton on Thursday night that dropped Anaheim's January record to 0-5-3.
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Penguins sign forward Spaling to 2-year deal
- Goalie Lehner signs extension with Senators
- Canes captain Staal has core muscle surgery
- King, L.A. agree to 3-year, $5.85 million deal
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- The Highland Mint Anaheim Ducks Desktop Photo Mint