- Colorado Avalanche: Peter Forsberg, the world's best hockey player when he's not hurt, doesn't get the recognition he deserves. Not that he doesn't mind, but it's a shame non-hockey fans don't see Forsberg's artistry, and that's as much the NHL's fault as it is the mainstream media's.
Chicago Blackhawks: Blackhawks GM Bob Pulford has been getting a lot of calls from other GMs about Chicago center Alex Zhamnov. Pulford said he isn't getting trade proposals per se, but teams are inquiring whether the Blackhawks will try to sign him to an extension or shop him before the March 9 trading deadline.
Washington Capitals: Washington's coaching change has helped change Peter Bondra's mind about retiring after this season. The Capitals' all-time leading scorer, who will be an unrestricted free agent July 1, now says he'll return next season or whenever a possible lockout ends.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Rangers use late rally to outstrip Hurricanes
- Moore seeks resolution 10 years after attack
- Canucks' Kassian suspended 3 games for hit
- St. Louis on trade: No time to be emotional
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Reebok Men's Boston Bruins Team Logo Black Practice Flexfit Hat
- NHL Home
- Carolina Hurricanes
- Columbus B. Jackets
- New Jersey Devils
- New York Islanders
- New York Rangers
- Philadelphia Flyers
- Pittsburgh Penguins
- Washington Capitals
- Boston Bruins
- Buffalo Sabres
- Detroit Red Wings
- Florida Panthers
- Montreal Canadiens
- Ottawa Senators
- Tampa Bay Lightning
- Toronto Maple Leafs