Chaney refuses to step down
Don Chaney is still coach of the Knicks, but there are plenty of signs that suggest he's on his way out.
As far as they know, Don Chaney is still the head coach.
"It's a lot of pressure, the doubt part of it, waiting. But I'm not a quitter. I've never quit anything in my entire life," he said in the New York Post. "I'm going to hang in there. I don't care what the obstacles are, how tough. I've never quit on anything and I won't quit on this either. If it's inevitable, and [the players] see the writing on the wall, I expect them to still play. I don't want them playing for me, I want them playing for themselves. Have your own self-pride, win for the team. If I'm not here to coach it, somebody else will. But I want these guys to be men and compete."
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Sources: 76ers fighting new lottery proposal
- Durant lauds LeBron's move, unsure of own
- Sources: Lakers bring in Beasley for workout
- Boeheim calls Rose 'most impressive' player
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Men's New York Knicks Blue 3-Stripe Shorts