Grahame giving Tampa options
John Grahame's play has re-ignited speculation that No. 1 goalie Nikolai Khabibulin is on the trading block.
- Tampa Bay backup John Grahame helped get the Lightning back into first place in the Southeast Division but in the process has re-ignited a goaltender controversy and speculation that No. 1 goalie Nikolai Khabibulin is on the trading block.
The cold, hard facts are that Grahame has won three games in a row, four of his past five starts (4-1) and will make his fourth consecutive start Tuesday night at Pittsburgh.
"I don't consider it a situation. I consider it trying to win hockey games," Lightning head coach John Tortorella told the St. Petersburg Times. "Johnny has been on a bit of a roll here, and he's made some big saves and won some games."
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Stars' Peverley undergoing tests on heart
- Crosby fuels early flurry as Pens clip Caps
- Kings corral Flames to extend streak to 8
- Avs take fifth in 6 on Duchene's goal in OT
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Gear For Sports Youth Tampa Bay Lightning Two-for-One Blue Long Sleeve Shirt
- NHL Home
- Carolina Hurricanes
- Columbus B. Jackets
- New Jersey Devils
- New York Islanders
- New York Rangers
- Philadelphia Flyers
- Pittsburgh Penguins
- Washington Capitals
- Boston Bruins
- Buffalo Sabres
- Detroit Red Wings
- Florida Panthers
- Montreal Canadiens
- Ottawa Senators
- Tampa Bay Lightning
- Toronto Maple Leafs