- Phoenix Coyotes: Phoenix goalie Brian Boucher has gotten all of the attention lately for his four-game shutout streak and deservedly so. But his Coyotes teammates share just as much pressure to keep the streak alive and don't want to be responsible for a gaffe that causes the end of Boucher's historic stretch of perfection.
Detroit Red Wings: Here's your daily Detroit goaltender update: One-time savior and current third-stringer-because-of-injury Dominik Hasek will not even work out for the next two weeks because of his problematic groin, so don't expect him back until at least mid-February. Even if the rest helps him recover, it would still take another couple of weeks afterward for Hasek to work himself into game shape.
Los Angeles Kings: Through the many injuries they've endured this season while staying in the playoff race, the Kings have now seen the worst. Leading scorer Ziggy Palffy's dislocated shoulder will keep him out the rest of the season if he elects to have surgery. As Kings forward Ian Laperriere told the Los Angeles Times, "Nobody can do Ziggy's job."
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Stars' Peverley collapses, game postponed
- Crosby fuels early flurry as Pens clip Caps
- GMs debate OT rules, goalies, video replay
- Kings F Nolan suspended 1 game for punch
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Sparo Men's Boston Bruins Turbo Watch
- NHL Home
- Carolina Hurricanes
- Columbus B. Jackets
- New Jersey Devils
- New York Islanders
- New York Rangers
- Philadelphia Flyers
- Pittsburgh Penguins
- Washington Capitals
- Boston Bruins
- Buffalo Sabres
- Detroit Red Wings
- Florida Panthers
- Montreal Canadiens
- Ottawa Senators
- Tampa Bay Lightning
- Toronto Maple Leafs