Detroit Red Wings: Here's your daily Detroit goaltender update: One-time savior and current third-stringer-because-of-injury Dominik Hasek will not even work out for the next two weeks because of his problematic groin, so don't expect him back until at least mid-February. Even if the rest helps him recover, it would still take another couple of weeks afterward for Hasek to work himself into game shape.
Los Angeles Kings: Through the many injuries they've endured this season while staying in the playoff race, the Kings have now seen the worst. Leading scorer Ziggy Palffy's dislocated shoulder will keep him out the rest of the season if he elects to have surgery. As Kings forward Ian Laperriere told the Los Angeles Times, "Nobody can do Ziggy's job."
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Chara's knee injury to cost him 4-6 weeks
- Senators to honor fallen soldier Saturday
- Ducks win 7th in row with Gibson back in net
- Judge blocks sports gambling in New Jersey
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Old Time Hockey Men's Boston Bruins Black Replicant Flex Fit Hat