Avs, Senators tough to beat
Mats Sundin, Joe Sakic and Markus Naslund are just some of the candidates for the Hart Trophy at the halfway point.
- The NHL just passed the halfway mark of the season, so here's a look at the front-runners for postseason awards and conference championships as well as the most surprising and disappointing teams through Thursday night's games.
Hart Trophy front-runner -- Mats Sundin
This becomes a tougher pick as the season goes on, but I'll give the Toronto Maple Leafs captain the edge over Colorado center Joe Sakic, Vancouver left winger Markus Naslund, Atlanta left winger Ilya Kovalchuk and New Jersey goalie Martin Brodeur.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Sutter sends Pens past Ducks in shootout
- Luongo shuts out Sabres in return to Florida
- Franzen's 2 goals highlight Wings' barrage
- Rangers use late rally to outstrip Hurricanes
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- NHL Home
- Carolina Hurricanes
- Columbus B. Jackets
- New Jersey Devils
- New York Islanders
- New York Rangers
- Philadelphia Flyers
- Pittsburgh Penguins
- Washington Capitals
- Boston Bruins
- Buffalo Sabres
- Detroit Red Wings
- Florida Panthers
- Montreal Canadiens
- Ottawa Senators
- Tampa Bay Lightning
- Toronto Maple Leafs